Previously we reported on the top 5 questions SMB’s have about cloud solutions. As we have continued to address additional questions about Cloud Solutions and we have expanded the list to the top 10 questions. It is our goal to provide knowledge on how Cloud Solutions can help benefit your small or medium sized business.
6. How can I access the cloud?
- You can access the cloud anytime and anywhere and some applications allow access to multiple clouds.
- Better time management is provided when employees can connect to their desktop and applications remotely.
7. How can I maintain my IT system in the cloud?
- There are no maintenance responsibilities when utilizing the Sun Digital hosted cloud.
- Using virtualization technology Sun Digital can monitor, maintain systems, deploy maintenance, security patches, and updates seamlessly.
- Prior to moving over to the cloud most Sun Digital clients spent 1 to 2 hours a day maintaining the it system. That is 22 hours and 14% of that IT staff person’s time.
- With faster problem solving the cloud causes efficiency. Personal cloud solutions will take over traditional business IT by 2014.
8. When should my business consider moving into the cloud?
- When starting a new company cloud solutions offer an affordable set up with a monthly hosting fee.
- Cloud solutions are more affordable than purchasing new servers and workstations when your equipment reaches its end of life.
- When your business needs to stabilize expenses with a hosted cloud solution there is one flat monthly cost instead of investing in more costly equipment.
9. Can my business do a partial cloud solution or all at once?
The answer is yes, you can do a partial cloud solution! It is useful in many ways.
- When a business needs to replace costly technology the business owner can make a large investment or move to a hosted cloud solution that doesn’t require a large invest.
- Some proprietary software does not perform well in a hosted cloud solution, it’s better for it to be directly on the client machine.
- If a client is not sure if a total cloud solution is right for them or want to try it out they sometimes choose a partial cloud solution for their email, calendar, and contact system.
10. Is the cloud expensive?
You have many cost options when choosing Cloud Solutions.
- With a hosted cloud environment businesses would be removing servers and applications then access them in the cloud eliminating hardware and energy costs.
- Hosted cloud solutions are priced according to usage.
- There is an added agility with a hosted cloud solution which assists in provisioning and development causing the IT team to become more efficient.
Cloud Solutions by Sun Digital are flexible and economical. Sun Digital can help craft the right cloud technology Solution for your business. Get started today and request a free consultation, at 352-369-9600.
Sometimes a Partial Cloud Solution is the best option to recommend for some businesses owners in three scenarios’ .
- One reason for a partial cloud solution is that certain proprietary software does not perform well in a hosted cloud environment. Some software programs, like CAD and large graphics programs require large amounts of memory and processing power and will perform better if they are located on the local machine.
- Another reason for a partial cloud solution is when a business needs to replace an old server. The owner has the option to either make an investment on a new server, which can cost $1000k’s or they can be moved to a hosted cloud solution. This requires a monthly fee based on usage. Businesses save money on capital expenditures for new hardware while still utilizing their preexisting technology.
- A third reason a business may choose a partial cloud solution is when they try it out the technology. Perhaps some of the organization is interested in moving into the cloud but other key stakeholder are not as convinced of the technology. In this case there the client may choose a project before committing to cloud environment which helps when a full Cloud environment is implemented.
Cloud Solutions have many shapes and sizes, with benefits or drawbacks sometimes. If you would like to understand where and how a Cloud Solution can help your business, Sun Digital offers a free Cloud Solution Consultation.
Questions on maintaining IT systems in The Cloud are always part of the first conversations Hosted Cloud Solutions providers like Sun Digital have with clients. Server maintenance is one of the most compelling reasons for The Cloud. In a hosted cloud solution the entire IT maintenance responsibility is owned by vendor and in this case Sun Digital.
Why is the important to businesses? Conservatively businesses spend 1 hour a day on IT system maintenance, doing such things as data backup’s, routine patches, virus scans or application updates. Conservatively, that is 22+ hours a month and 14% if the IT staff persons time on of just maintaining the health of your IT system!
Sun Digital’s Hosted cloud solutions use Virtualization technology. Virtualization technology also allows IT companies to deploy system maintenance, security patches and application software updates seamlessly. It also provides them the ability to maintain and monitor multiple IT systems and users under the same interface.
In this scenario businesses use a they can better utilize their IT person(s) for other IT functions that help the business run better and more efficiently.
This is definitely a trend for the future as in a study by the Gartner Special Research Team they are predicting that the Hosted Personal Cloud Solutions will take over the traditional business IT environment by 2014.
Call Sun Digital at 352-369-9600 for a Free Consultation and Quote for a Hosted Cloud Solution and help your business run more efficiently or you can download the Free Cloud Solutions guide for SBM’s.